Monday, May 17, 2010
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Saturday, January 9, 2010
I have learnt from the camp that teamwork is very important. As the saying goes, there is no I in team. TEAM stands for " Together Everyone Achieves More. Like the story of the chopsticks, 1 chopstick is easily broken while a bunch of chopsticks is harder to break. Hence, the moral of the story is that if we stand together, we are able to overcome many challenges.
-We have perseverance. For example, during the team building games even though we failed many times, we still continued to attempt to succeed.
-We are creative. For example during the raft building challenge, we made our raft in the shape of a triangle instead of following what the other groups did.
Our areas of improvement:
-We should not argue among ourselves.
-We should always respect the speaker and not chat while others are speaking.
-We should listen before giving our comments
Posted by James Lim at 12:40 AM
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
- What do you understand about the school value "Expanding Our Learning Networks"?
- Why is this value important and how will it help you in your learning experience in SST?
I understand that the school value "Expanding our learning networks" means that we interact with students of other schools to expand our knowledge. Also we can expand our knowledge through learning journeys and hands-on activity.
This value is important as we get to learn things that students of other schools do not learn. It will help us as it makes lessons more interesting and enriching, hence, we will pay more attention and learn much more. Also, instead of learning things from textbook and forgetting them afterwards, we will remember most of our lessons as fun but enriching activities.
Posted by James Lim at 10:41 PM
- What do you understand about the school value "Forging Excellence"?
- What are the strengths that you think you possessed which can help you to achieve excellence?
- What other attributes and attitudes do you think you should cultivate to excel in the thigns you do?
- How can you contribute to help your class succeed?
I understand that we have to strive to achieve excellence in all we do.
When I have a goal, I will try to do my best to achieve my goal. For example, I tried my best for my PSLE and achieved my goal of getting 3 A*.
I should try to develop a positive attitude towards work to achieve excellence.
Posted by James Lim at 2:14 AM
Monday, January 4, 2010
- How do you feel about working in a team on the bridge building project?
- What do you think about your interactions with the members in your team?
- What have you learnt about yourself in the course of the activity and what would you have done differently in future group activities?
- Did you experience any fear(s), discomfort(s) and apprehension(s) working with this team? Why?
- How do you overcome them?
I feel that it is a good idea to work in a team on the project as it allows us to get to know each other better. Also it helps to develop teamwork and cooperation among ourselves.
I don't think I interact well with my group members as we are like strangers and are new to each other.Also for some of us, we have never met before.
I learnt that we should not argue over small matters and settle our disagreements through less emotional actions. In future group activities, I will not argue instead I will try and speak nicely to my group members.
I felt a bit awkward working with other students who I have just met for the very first time.We managed to overcome our differences as we all had a common goal which was to complete the project.
Posted by James Lim at 1:25 AM